Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 3 day 1

yesterday was my day of rest...and i took it very seriously. other than the necessary things, i did nothing extra...it was GREAT!

today, back to business! went for my run/walk around 8:30am....it was so uncomfortable!! wish i had gone earlier. low 70s and humidity in the 70% range. made it a very challenging workout. today, i did walk 3/run 2 and repeated 8 times. my splits got faster the further into my run i got.
splits
mile 1: 11:46
mile 2: 11:45
mile 3: 11:32

total of 3.4 miles in 40 minutes. my overall pace was 11:43. I am happy with that pace as it is lower than i have been doing. knees felt good during the workout and i am hoping they will continue to feel better as i lose weight too! have lost somewhere between 3-5 lbs in the last 3 weeks, so that is good!

sometime later today, i will do some yoga... just because i really enjoy it! i am looking into trying some yoga classes in the area, but still doing the research on that. for now, my dvr'd yoga will do just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment