Friday, August 6, 2010

week 3 days 4 and 5

yesterday morning, i went for my run/walk. it was about 73 degrees with humidity in the 70s. even though it was a bit cooler than my run the day before, it was still uncomfortably humid. started with a walk 4/run 3 pace for the first 2 miles, then walked the remaining distance. total of 3.4 miles in 42 minutes for an overall pace of 12:25.

splits:
mile 1: 11:44
mile 2: 12:04
mile 3: 13:18

i may just stick to walking. i can get my walking pace under 13:00 which is not far off my run/walk pace. not to mention, it is much less stress on my knees, and i am really tired of my knees hurting. after my run, got the kiddos (and my nephew) packed up in the car and took a trip to see my brother and sister-in-law and family in indianapolis. we had a lot of fun! got home around 9:30 and watched a little shark week, then off to bed!

today is a cross training day. got up early and got it done!

worked on my three challenges (hundredpushups.com, twohundredsitups.com, twohundredsquats.com) and some yoga.

total pushups (5 sets) 28
total squats (5 sets) 72
total situps (5 sets) 40

did namaste yoga, the warrior sequence. this was tough after doing the above, but still felt great! off to enjoy the rest of today...will be a busy one, glad i got my workout in early!

No comments:

Post a Comment