Sunday, February 19, 2012

1 month of clean eating

It has been about 5 weeks since I started clean eating.  It has gone very well.  Initially, I lost weight very quickly.  Then I seemed to level off for a couple of weeks.  Then, I started to notice something interesting.  Even though I was not losing weight, I was losing fat...and gaining muscle.  This is what I wanted to see happen!  I am down about 12 pounds, but have lost somewhere around 4-6% body fat.  I will have a better approximation on Wednesday when I have my body fat tested.  This is so encouraging.  I have begun to notice more muscle definition in my body, and my clothes are starting to fit right again!


So, what have I been eating?  Natural, whole, organic foods.  I have gotten away from most processed foods, and have avoided added sugar and anything made with white flour, for the most part.  A couple of times in the last few weeks, I have had small portions of these foods I have been trying to avoid.  I have noticed that when I do have even a small amount of processed foods, sugar, or white flour, I feel icky.  



I have become creative in the kitchen.  I made turkey burgers with Wheat Germ instead of bread crumbs.  I didn't tell anyone and they all raved about them!  I made a very yummy citrus-y salmon with whole wheat pasta.  Yum!

I am obsessed with yogurt, blueberries, and granola!  Oh yea, and natural peanut butter with apples or bananas!

I treat myself to 4-5 Dove dark chocolate covered almonds each day....I have really begun to love them!

I have also tried a really good oatmeal pancake recipe with a home-made fruit topping.  I made yogurt cheese and put that on the pancakes with the fruit as well.  It was similar to stuffed crepes!  One of my favorite things to have for breakfast.

And I have discovered a love for Kashi pizza.  OH MY GOODNESS!!  So amazingly good!  


Overall, I am very pleased with this change in eating habits.  I can see myself sticking with this long term, I just have to accept that there will be times I will have to stray from it just a bit.  Especially for things like birthday parties, and other important celebrations.  However, I also know that just because I am offered something sweet that would be contrary to how I normally eat, I do not have to accept it!  I can say no thank you, and enjoy a few Dove Chocolates instead!  

No comments:

Post a Comment