Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time flies...

I can't believe today is the last day of November.  This year has just flown by.  I do love this time of year (except for the weather, of course....)  I am so excited about the holidays this year, that I have joined 3 different holiday exchanges:

1. A really cool Christmas Card exchange.  I did this one last year and it was so neat to meet people from all over the world!

2. The DailyMile Secret Santa.    I am super excited about this one.  DailyMile has become my source of inspiration...and a place where I have been introduced to some excellent athletes....and made some incredible friends.

3. A Blogger Christmas exchange.  This is a new one for me, but it sounds like it was a lot of fun last year, and I cannot wait to do it this year!

I have been trying to get back into some good eating habits.  I have found that I am gaining weight....and this does not make me especially happy.  For now I am trying to really watch my calorie intake for the day.  I know that it is all mental....but I feel like I am always hungry.  I am making sure to eat every couple of hours, but I am being sure to make wise choices.  It has made these last couple of days a challenge.  I am really hoping I will be able to get back down to my goal weight , and that in turn will help my speed.  My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds by March for the Arnold 5k.

I had a run on the schedule tonight, but it is getting postponed until tomorrow morning.  I am beyond exhausted for some reason, and I can feel the beginning of a headache, plus I was behind on grading.  So while I would normally go for a run while T is at bells, I decided to work on grading for an hour and then come home and try to get to bed early.  Tomorrow is a new day, and I will be hitting the pavement (or maybe the TM) first thing tomorrow morning.   As I type this I am covered in a puppy blanket...my two cavaliers are very snuggly.  It is making me very warm....and sleepy.   I think it is time to wrap this post up!

Do any of you struggle with weight issues?  How do you handle it?

2 comments:

  1. Melanie - I am trying to lose weight, too. I've gained quite a bit in the last few years and I'm just sick of it. Let's support each other!! Send me a message on FB or Daily Mile and we'll figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I struggle with weight issues. I can't stop eating! I run to maintain my weight (and sanity!) just recently I lost 1-2 dress sizes but still weighed the same. With the holidays and cold weather, I am not sure I will be able to maintain the new sizes though and this stresses me out...

    ReplyDelete