Monday, January 17, 2011

it's a matter of the heart

 i have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow for my procedure.  it's called a catheter ablation and you can read about it here or here.  I will be sedated (thankfully) and i should be home tomorrow night.  however, i have no idea when the doc will let me begin running again. i am praying the longest he will say is 10 days, but that it will be less than that.  i really wanted to get one last run in today, but i have been feeling like i might be coming down with something, so dr. kyle (aka, my husband) told me i needed to take it easy and try to rest.  so, i listened...reluctantly, because it was just so nice outside today!  i haven't run outside in 2 weeks, and i really miss it!
so, i will be resting for the next few days in the hopes of a quick recovery.  i really want to get back out there as quickly as possible.
a friend asked me if i was nervous.  at first, i thought...no, what's there to be nervous about?  but as it gets closer, i am beginning to feel the butterflies fluttering.  i know it will be fine, but i guess it's natural to have some nerves before something like this.  after all, they are going to be messing with my heart!.  it's kind of an important part of me.  :)
if you are the praying type, please pray for the following:
~ that i am not sick...i really do not want to have to reschedule this procedure again.
~ that the procedure goes well and they are able to fix the problem.
~ that my recovery is quick.
~ that my substitute does not have any problems while i am gone.
~ that my youngest gets over this sickness she has had all weekend (101+ fever and major congestion).

thanks all and God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your procedure goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts that the procedure goes well and everyone heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melanie, thanks for the comments. I hope your procedure goes well.

    ReplyDelete