Monday, January 17, 2011

it's a matter of the heart

 i have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow for my procedure.  it's called a catheter ablation and you can read about it here or here.  I will be sedated (thankfully) and i should be home tomorrow night.  however, i have no idea when the doc will let me begin running again. i am praying the longest he will say is 10 days, but that it will be less than that.  i really wanted to get one last run in today, but i have been feeling like i might be coming down with something, so dr. kyle (aka, my husband) told me i needed to take it easy and try to rest.  so, i listened...reluctantly, because it was just so nice outside today!  i haven't run outside in 2 weeks, and i really miss it!
so, i will be resting for the next few days in the hopes of a quick recovery.  i really want to get back out there as quickly as possible.
a friend asked me if i was nervous.  at first, i thought...no, what's there to be nervous about?  but as it gets closer, i am beginning to feel the butterflies fluttering.  i know it will be fine, but i guess it's natural to have some nerves before something like this.  after all, they are going to be messing with my heart!.  it's kind of an important part of me.  :)
if you are the praying type, please pray for the following:
~ that i am not sick...i really do not want to have to reschedule this procedure again.
~ that the procedure goes well and they are able to fix the problem.
~ that my recovery is quick.
~ that my substitute does not have any problems while i am gone.
~ that my youngest gets over this sickness she has had all weekend (101+ fever and major congestion).

thanks all and God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Praying your procedure goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts that the procedure goes well and everyone heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melanie, thanks for the comments. I hope your procedure goes well.

    ReplyDelete