i have been dying to get outside and run and the last couple of days have been relatively warm...so... i got up this morning and ran on the path around reynoldsburg beginning at blacklick woods. to begin, the path was pretty clear.
however, if you look closely at the pic, you can see the thin layer of ice covering spots of the path...and as i got further into my run, i found lots of ice and snow. pretty to look at, not so nice to run on. i finished my run...4 miles in a little over 34 minutes. despite the slick conditions in parts, i think that is pretty good.
after my run, i came home and hubby and i went out to columbus running company to get some new shoes. i have almost 400 miles on my current shoes, and it is definitely time for some new ones! i was this close to getting the nike gortex shoes for running outside this winter, but i am way too loyal to my brooks....so i got a new pair of adrenalines, and a set of yaktrax. hoping this will be enough to allow me to get outside a little more often!
i began to think about my goals for the coming year...here is what i have come up with:
1. run a half marathon in less than 2 hours.
2. run and finish a marathon.
3. run a 5k in under 24 minutes.
4. run more often with my girls.
5. keep my depression away for the winter months
6. lose 10 more pounds to get to my goal of 50 pound weight loss.
7. take the time to smell the roses and enjoy life!
8. remember to thank God every day for the gift of life He has given me!
9. post to my blog at least once per week!
What are your goals for the coming year?